How to Prepare Your House for Showings
Feeling like you have a million things to do, but don’t know where to start?
Here are some of our tips on preparing your home for showings.
- Declutter – eliminate half of your belongings by renting a storage unit or even better, ask a friend to borrow some space in their garage or attic.
- Organize – tiding up your closets and drawers may be daunting, but you will be surprised that buyers might look there!
- Hire a cleaning service – getting your home professionally cleaned makes buyers feel as though the home has been well taken care of. Be sure to have them clean the day before so everything will be nice and fresh!
- Fix items that need repair – hole in the wall? door knobs falling off? chewed baseboard from pets? Fixing items throughout the home will make your home more appealing to buyers and make it sell faster.
- Secure valuables – be sure to put these items in a safe place where no one can have access to (jewelry, laptops, important documents, etc.)
And there you have it! A few simple ways to guarantee your home will sell fast.
If you are looking to sell your home or know of someone who may, we would love to help!
- Christina & CVRG